How to Conduct A SWOT Analysis PDF Guide Free Download
Purpose of SWOT Analysis PDF Guide
- To provide an overview of environmental scanning and SWOT analysis scanning analysis
- To develop an understanding of the process of conducting these activities in your unit conducting unit.
- To develop an understanding of when and how these processes should be conducted these conducted.
- To develop an understanding of how to incorporate the results of these analyses into your action plan.
SWOT stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats
Strengths—internal to the unit; are a unit’s resources and capabilities that can be s used as a basis for developing a competitive advantage; strengths should be s realistic and not modest.
Your list of strengths should be able to answer:
- What are the unit what unit’s advantages?
- What does the unit do well?
- What relevant resources do you have access to?
- What do other people see as your strengths?
- What would you want to boast about to someone who knows nothing about this organization and its work?
Examples: good reputation among customers, resources, assets, people, experience, knowledge, data, capabilities
Weaknesses—an internal force that could serve as a barrier to maintaining or achieving a competitive advantage; a limitation, fault, or defect of the un unit; weaknesses; should be truthful so that they may be overcome as quickly as possible.
Your list of weaknesses should be able to answer:
- What can be improved?
- What is done poorly?
- What should be avoided?
- What are you doing as an organization that you feel could be donWhat done more e effectively/efficiently?
- What is this organization NOT doing that you feel it should be doing?
- If you could change 1 thing that would help this department function more effectively, what would you change?
Opportunities—any favorable situation present now or in the future in the external environment.
ThreatsThreats—External force that could inhibit the maintenance or attainment of a competitive advantage; any unfavorable situation in the external environment that is potentially damaging now or in the future.
Your list of threats should be able to answer:
- What obstacles do you face?
- What is your competition doing?
- Are the required specifications for your job/services changing?
- Is changing technology threatening your position?
- Do you have financial problems?
- Could any of your weaknesses seriously threaten your unit?