Management Process Steps
Management is the art of getting things done through and with the people in formally organized groups. It is the art of creating an environment in which people can perform and individuals and can cooperate toward the attainment of group goals.
Management personnel may be described as the people who design an organization’s structure and determine how different aspects of the organization will interact. Management process is a process of setting goals, planning and/or controlling the organizing, and leading the execution of any type of activity, such as a project In general an organization’s senior management is responsible for carrying out its management process.
Importance of management
- It helps in Achieving Group Goals: It arranges the factors of production, assembles and organizes the resources, and integrates the resources in an effective manner to achieve goals. It directs group efforts toward the achievement of pre-determined goals. By defining the objective of the organization clearly, there would be no waste of time, money, and effort. Management converts disorganized resources of men, machines, money, etc. into useful enterprises. These resources are coordinated, directed, and controlled in such a manner that the enterprise work towards the attainment of goals.
- Optimum Utilization of Resources: Management utilizes all the physical & human resources productively. This leads to efficacy in management. Management provides maximum utilization of scarce resources by selecting its best possible alternate use in industry from out of various uses. It makes use of experts, professional and these services lead to the use of their skills, knowledge, and proper utilization and avoids wastage. If employees and machines are producing their maximum there is no under-employment of any resources.
- Reduces Costs: It gets maximum results through minimum input by proper planning and by using minimum input & getting maximum output. Management uses physical, human, and financial resources in such a manner that results in the best combination. This helps in cost reduction.
- Establishes Sound Organization: No overlapping of efforts (smooth and coordinated functions). Establish sound organizational structure is one of the objectives of management which is in tune with the objective of the organization and for the fulfillment of this, it establishes effective authority & responsibility relationship i.e. who is accountable to whom, who can give instructions to whom, who are superiors & who are subordinates. Management fills up various positions with the right persons, having the right skills, training, and qualification. All jobs should be cleared to everyone.
- Establishes Equilibrium: It enables the organization to survive in changing environment. It keeps in touch with the changing environment. With the change in the external environment, the initial coordination of the organization must be changed. So it adapts organizations to changing demands of the market / changing needs of societies. It is responsible for the growth and survival of the organization.
- Essentials for Prosperity of Society: Efficient management leads to better economic production which helps in turn to increase the welfare of people. Good management makes a difficult task easier by avoiding the wastage of scarce resources. It improves the standard of living. It increases the profit which is beneficial to business and society will get maximum output at minimum cost by creating employment opportunities that generate income in hands. Organization comes with new products and research beneficial for society.
- An Owner’s Guide To Construction Management
- Construction Project Management Handbook
- Introduction to Construction Management PDF